An overview of GNU Taler documentation

:thinking: This is an attempt to look through existing GNU Taler documentation through the lense of TDS.
GNU Taler’s documentations are inherited from the early R&D phase. It’s now time to turn this mountain of pages into a digestible /docs section!

Let’s first have a look at the current state of the docs.

GNU Taler Documentation and Resources

• Core components
    • Merchant Backend Administration
    • Merchant API Tutorial
    • Back Office
    • Merchant POS Terminal
    • Bank Integration
    • Wallet
    • Cashier
    • Age Restrictions
  • Supplemental services
    • GNU Anastasis
    • libeufin
    • Depolymerization
    • Sync
    • Taler Mailbox
    • Taldir
  • Extensions
    • Taler-MDB
    • WooCommerce Payment Backend
    • Pretix Payment Backend
    • Joomla! Payment Backend
  • Internals Documentation
    • HTTP API
    • Know-your-customer

GNU Taler Documentation

Protocol

All GNU Taler APIs

For User role

User operations

For Merchant role

Operator Manuals

Reference

And then, there is the Mantis bug tracker.

Discussing the GNU Taler Documentation

Lost in Documentation? Feel free to ask anything here: Where can I ask? Where can I start a new topic? TALER ICH also proposes some entry points to the GNU Taler Documentation where you can find some existing discussions, questions and answers.

Contributing to the GNU Taler Documentation

The GNU Taler Documentation is generated out of the dedicated git repository. It uses Sphinx, which allows to generate different formats: PDF, LaTeX, ePub…

To contribute directly to this documentation, the current workflow starts with the same first step as described for the rest of the project: getting a Git write access.

Hi !

During the last Taler Retreat we came up with the idea to setup a bridge between GNU Taler Documentation and TALER ICH. I dug into the Discourse API Docs, did some tests and my conclusion is that it’s much easier to just let people log into the forum by themselves because of some limitations in the Discourse search engine and API.

I documented my little research here if you want more insights: GNU Taler Documentation - TALER ICH /docs - HedgeDoc

What’s your opinion about that?